Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tummy Trimmers

I finally went to the grocery store today to load up on essentials...and some nonessentials :)

I tried to get as many veggies as I could since I really don't eat many now. Hopefully, adding fruites and veggies to my diet will only benefit me. Keeping track of what I eat has been a lot easier than I thought it would be...I have been keeping track on my phone so I always have that with me to record my meals.

Day 3:
9:00 a.m. Mineral water and Nature Valley Peanut Butter bar

11:30 a.m. 1 serving raisins
12:00 p.m. Ham sandwich on wheat bread with mustard and cheese (Made by my fabulous husband!!) Mineral water. 1 serving of pea pods. Apple sauce

2:30 p.m. 1 serving Fruit Source mini bites. (These are my new favorite find! They were sampling them at CostCo and I loved them! 1 serving of them- or 14 bites- equals 2 servings of fruit, or 2 apples. And they are really yummy!!!!) 1 mineral water
6:30 p.m. Luna bar (toasted nuts and cranberry.. I was a bit apprehensive about these because anytime I try these bars, they taste gross and...gross. I was impressed with this though!! ). Mineral water. 6 everything flat breads (JJ Flat Breads) with Garlic and Chives cream cheese. 1 sugar cookie.
6:45-7:00 p.m. I tried a new Workout DVD today that I bought at Marshalls for $2.99. How good could it be for that much? It was pretty good. There are 5 different 10 minute workouts. I tried the workout with the ball. I will try a different 10 minute workout tomorrow.
7:30 p.m. Salad with balsamic vinigarette, onion, green pepper, gorgonzola cheese, apple, dried cranberries and blueberries. 1 glass of Pinot Grigio

9:00 p.m. 1 more glass of Pinot Grigio

Comments: 4 waters...didn't reach my goal of 6 today. This is probably because I had wine at night instead of water. I had pea pods, green peppers, onions, apples, cranberries, blueberries and 2 servings of fruit (from the fruit bites). This is getting closer to my goal but still not enough servings.

Goals: I am working out in the morning tomorrow so I will have to wait to eat until after that. I may have another protein bar before the workout though.

Till tomorrow!!!

What is your favorite before-workout snack???

No comments: