Monday, November 9, 2009
Today I am grateful for...
1. An awesome Halloween costume! Even though I didn't get to wear it out this year. I got this Halloween costume in college. It might be bad luck though. In college, my friends didn't want to go out for Halloween so I wore the costume while sitting on the couch watching football. This year, I also sat on the couch with friends who didn't want to go out. I might need to get a new costume next year :(We did make fabulous Pumpkin Bread though--it was from a box :)
2. Great, loving, fun cousins! I have taken on the job of being Entertainment Director of my cousins couples' group. Now, we have 5 cousins and spouses and we are hoping to add more as our get-togethers get more frequent. We went to happy hour at Cowboy Slim's, watched the opening Vikings game at Majors and last month, everyone came over to our house and then we went downtown to see Mitch Fatell at the Pantages Theater...we had WAY too much fun!!
3. Great "honorary" sisters. I always wanted sisters. For Christmas, when I was little, I even asked my parents for one. Unfortunately, I never got a sister. I did, however, get 5 great girls who are my honorary sisters (and one honorary brother). I was lucky enough to have all these girls in my wedding as my Junior Bridesmaids and Flower girl. I found these girls (and their families) and became their nanny. I still try very hard to be active in their lives. The oldest ones are even in high school....eeekk!!!!
Thanks girls for being my sisters!
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Around this time of year, many people are talking and thinking about what they are thankful for. So this is as good a time as any to pick up where I left off on the 365 days of grace...
Today I am thankful for...
1. A week of assessments: Some may think that a week of assessments would be hell...however, I really enjoy working with all the students in the school. I get to read with them and they get so excited!! I especially love working with the little ones (kindergarten and 1st grade). I may have found a new niche in young kids :)
2. Two days of happy hour in a row! Yesterday I had happy hour with girls from work and today I had the pleasure of hanging out with my brother, who I haven't seen in a long time! We enjoyed all Rudolph's had to offer for food and beer :) Thanks brother!
3. Nights at home with my cat: I LOVE being home with my husband, but I also love coming home to an empty house. I enjoy sitting on the couch, watching my DVR'd shows and having Tesa cuddle next to me. Nice to be kept company by a cute kitty
4. Book Club Girls! I love my book club! How lucky am I to have found a great group of girls on Craigs List?? I found my husband on Match, my house on Craigslist, why wouldn't I look for a book club on Craigs List? We have so much fun together and we even talk about the books!! Looking forward to many more years of great books, wine and conversation!
5. Stonebridge Community School. I didn't think I wanted to work in an inner city school with at-risk students. But I was offered a job there and I wanted a job, so I accepted. Little did I know it would be the greatest place for me to grow as an educator. I LOVE working with these kids! There is something about making a difference for these kids, helping them read, and helping them succeed in many ways. Every day, I love my job!
Sunday, November 1, 2009
I love eating out for breakfast, so I suggested we go out for breakfast this morning. The husband was not loving the idea...but I whined and got my way. I quickly got dressed and put my face on so we could go...I was starving!! Plus I wanted to beat the "college crowd" at the Uptown Diner. If you know my husband, you know that he takes FOREVER to get ready to go anywhere or do anything. I was sitting on the bed, waiting for him to get dressed and ready. He walks into the bedroom, wearing none other than MY jeans. He smiles, and says, "I guess these aren't my jeans." Is it weird that my husband can fit into my jeans?