Friday, February 15, 2008

Regarding "Can It Last?"

I have had a lot of conversations with friends/family about my blog about marriage. I think some got the wrong idea about my views. I do believe that love can last...and I believe my love with my better half will last. I also believe that many of my friends/families love will last. I think marriage is such a sacred, special, difficult thing that needs to be entered with an open mind. I never saw my parents fight when I grew up, so I never thought married couples fight. I have since "woken up" and embraced reality that couples do fight...even the best, most in-love couples fight. And that's ok. It's taken me a long time to realize that just because I fight with my better half, it doesn't mean we shouldn't be together. I have also realized that the honeymoon period doesn't last forever...but it comes and goes :) We are in another honeymoon stage now...:) So I applaud those of you who have made love last and who are in loving, committed relationships. I cannot wait to become a member of the married crew...

No comments: