Monday, November 19, 2007

Happiness is...

It's funny how much life can change in a few years. 5 years ago, I loved to go out, go shopping, go to the bars as much as I could, and was even studying for my last finals. Now, my favorite things include laying on the couch with Chad, spending time with my family, spending hours at Barnes and Noble or any teacher store, and having coffee with my best girl friends. Happiness to me now, is so much simpler than it was 5 years ago. If 21-year olds don't think they will change much, they are in for a surprise. Others things have dramatically changed...the wedding I wanted 5 years ago is completely different than the wedding I want now. My wardrobe has completely changed---gone are the high heels, tight jeans, sexy shirts, and "hoochie" outfits. I now love my Tsubo track shoes, my relaxed jeans, and my favorite grey and black long-sleeved t's. Don't get me wrong...I do wear the occasional hoochie outfit. 5 years ago, I dreaded going to the cabin on the weekends, especially in the winter. Now, I can't wait to get to the cabin and I would love to spend each weekend there..It's these simple changes that show me how I have changed in the last 5 years. I guess I'm a little reminiscent because my "little" brother is graduating from college in a month. Okay...enough blabbing...Here are some cute pics that are potential Christmas Cards....

This one is our favorite...we all look so scary :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really loved reading this. You are a committed young professional, and I believe, that you are trying to get your life in order. Congratulations. Lets have a new start in 2008. You are doing what you love, and doing a good job at it also, I might add. I couldn't do what you do, and certainly with not so much gusto.
mom