Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Change is inevitable...

It has already been a long week. I dreaded going back to work yesterday. I had been sick my whole 5 days off, and I was scared of being sick at school. I just have to give 150% of myself t my kids, and if I'm sick, that's impossible. I was also nervous because the first day back after a weekend is always rough, but coming back after 5 days off?? I knew it would be rough.


It was also a full moon last night. If you're a teacher, you've probably heard this before, but kids are CRAZY when there is a full moon. It seems like everything goes wrong. My kids were actually pretty good...I missed them and they seemed happy to get back to school.



I did find out that I'm losing 2 more students. I started out the year with 26, and I currently have 23. One transfered schools yesterday due to a lack of after school care at our school, and another one is moving on Friday. I am potentially losing another...her mother is a nutcase. She is saying that a 5th grader is bullying her at school and on the bus. I guess this girl jumped on my student on the bus, and she had a red spot on her head. THe mother took her to the hospital (by ambulance) and called screaming at our director. Her father came in and wanted the name of the girl and they wanted to press charges. My student told her mom that she had told me about this girl and I hadn't done anything...TOTAL LIE!!! Like I would allow another student to bully my student and not say or do anything. So it's already been a long week...

But tomorrow is already Wednesday. I have much to look forward to in the next few days. Thursday is Drew's Breast Cancer concert and Ann's going away party and Drew's birthday, Friday we are going out to celebrate Drew's birthday, and Saturday is Chad's and my 3 year anniversary. We are excited to spend the day together...



Hope all is well with you and yours...Christmas is inching closer and the carols are playing. Great time of year!

No comments: