Sunday, August 31, 2008

We're Engaged!

Yesterday was one of the best days of my life! I'm still on cloud 9. My BF Kali was bugging me all week to meet up over Labor Day Weekend to go golfing...her cabin is in Bayfield and Chad and I were going to his family's cabin in Hayward. I didn't really want to go golfing, but she pushed me all week. She finally called me and said she made a tee time and I had to be there. I gave up and said, "fine."

Saturday morning, I get a text from Kali saying she wasn't coming golfing anymore and that she would call me later. This was weird because she usually doesn't cancel, especially after she pushed me so hard all week. I tried to call her but her phone was off...also weird. Chad said we should still go golfing. I didn't really want to, but I knew he wanted to so I went. His step-dad and mom were going to meet us at the club house after golfing to have lunch.

We golfed the back 9, and on hole 17, Chad called his step-dad to tell him we were heading toward the 18th hole. We both chipped onto the 18th green, but Chad was further out than me (on purpose). His mom and step-dad waved from the porch of the club house. Chad told me to pull the pin out so he could putt in. I went to pull the pin and saw a ring box in the hole. I turned around and Chad was on his knee. He said a lot of sweet things and then asked me to marry him. I grabbed the ring, put it on, and screamed "YES!" I hugged him and turned around to everyone clapping in the club house. Chad wanted to finish his long putt, which he made.

We walked to the club house and were welcomed by chad's mom and step-dad. They had brought champagne and champagne flutes to celebrate. We also found out that the golf pro had video taped the entire thing and had taken pictures. We stayed there for a few hours calling all our friends and family, and basking in the bliss of being engaged.

It was the best day ever...



No comments: