Wednesday, July 23, 2008

In Austin...

I awoke this morning at 4 a.m. to go to the airport. We left MSP at 6:15 and arrived in Austin, TX at 10:30. We made our way to our hotel...pretty nice room. I have my own room with a king size bed. Kiel (math teacher) has a walk-out patio...not fair! We ventured a few blocks to Big A's for a true Mexican lunch. I had my first Texas beer-Lone Star...and I really liked it. I also had a great meal of nachos with beans, cheese and steak. Fantastic!

We have a reception tonight for the IB conference and might go see some live music tonight. It's super hot here and I'm glad to not have to be outside much...tomorrow the conference starts...

We will be learning all about the International baccalaureate program...to find out more...click here http://www.ibo.org/who/.


Will write more later...

No comments: