Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hello old friend...

Are the American Idol episodes 3 hours long? I am watching one on DVR and even with fast-forwarding through commercials, it still feels like I have been watching FOR-E-VER!!

I had a training today from 4-6 and planned to go to the gym after that. However, at 5:45 when we were done, all I wanted to do was go home. I even had to drive by my house to get to the gym...such an internal struggle!!!

I did get to the gym, though. I knew Chad wouldn't be home for awhile and I knew I would sit on the couch when I got home anyways. So to the gym I went!

I did Day 6 of Whittle My Middle, stretched and then took my place on the treadmill. I got my iPod ready, my headband on and my magazine to cover up the screen. I walked for a minute and then set my speed at 5.5. I ran, and ran, and ran. To all you long-distance runner, my distance today is no big feat. But to me, who has been struggling with painful shin splints, my distance today was a big accomplishment.

My BF Shana walked by me on her way to Body Works. I talked to her a bit and she asked how long I had been running..."I Don't Know!!" I looked and it was 20 minutes, 1.80 miles. I was beaming! I said good-bye to her and continued running. I ran 2.2 miles in 25 minutes. I walked for 2 minutes as a cool down.

It felt really good to run without a lot of pain. I stopped at 2.2 miles because I was starting to have some more pain in my right shin. I didn't want to push it.

I got home and wanted a quick, easy dinner. I planned to make Black Bean Quesadillas and they were easy and DELICIOUS!!!

Black Bean Quesadillas
1 can no-salt black beans, rinsed and drained
1 t. dried onion flakes (I used dried onion and garlic)
8 flour or whole wheat tortillas
2 cups (8 oz) shredded low-fat colby or monterey jack cheese (I used pepper jack, cheddar and mozzarella. That was all I had in my fridge)
1 c. salsa
1/2 c. fat free sour cream

1. Place beans and onion flakes in a small saucepan over low heat and cook for 5 minutes. Mash the beans with a spoon and keep warm. (I added a can of corn as well)
2. Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Place 1 tortilla in pan and sprinkle with 1/4 c. cheese. Cook for 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Spoon one-quarter of the bean mixture on top and sprinkle with 1/4 c. cheese. Top with another tortilla. Carefully (with husband's help!) turn the quesadilla and cook for 2 minutes or until browned.

THESE...WERE...FA-BU-LOUS!!!!!!!!!

Maybe it was that they were so quick...maybe it was that they were easy....but I think it was because they tasted so fresh and tasteful!!

I needed a side and didn't feel like cutting or cooking vegetables. Last night, I bought these,
for moments just like these. I threw this bag in the microwave for 6 minutes and I had pea pods, red peppers and potatoes...Yummy!

The full meal...

Since I had sweets last night for dessert, I decided to have fruit tonight...so I said hello to an old friend...
Plus a small piece of dark chocolate...

Tomorrow is a dreadful day...work 8-4:30, class from 5-9. It is so hard to think about facing a day like that. I am going to bed soon (earlier than normal) to prepare for tomorrow. I also have to prepare lunch and dinner and get that packed...

Talk to you Friday!!

No comments: