Monday, February 15, 2010

Off track...

I am having a hard time dealing with my lack of exercise this week. I started feeling sick on Thursday and took a half day off from work. I didn't go to class on Monday because of all the snow. I didn't go Saturday morning because I was still feeling icky. I ran this morning and could barely keep my legs moving...I was SOOOOO tired! I ran a mile and did 30 minutes on the crossramp. I was going to go to class tonight at 7, but again, was sooooo tired. I really want to get over this cold and get back to getting ready for my 5k.

I am on a training plan now and getting sick is not part of the plan. If you know me, you know that when I make a plan, I like to stick to it. I have been working so hard at getting to the gym 4-5 times a week and this last week was quite a set-back.

I WILL go to the gym tomorrow after work. I will run and then do the crossramp. I will go to class Wednesday night.

This sickness will not take another week from me...

Caitlin, at Healthytippingpoint.com said that if you want to make something a habit, you should do it for 2 months. I am almost at my two month mark (February 21) and I can tell already that it is a habit. When I don't or can't go, I am really disappointed! I am no longer making excuses to NOT go. I am finding myself making sacrifices in my life so that I CAN go...

Let's hope this sickness is just a small bump in the road...

No comments: