Saturday, February 27, 2010

Out with the old, In with the new....!!!!!

What? 2 posts in 1 day?? Hi Again!! (I have tried to post this at least 10 times today but I CANNOT upload the pics...those will come soon!)

I have been struggling with shin splints for 2 months now. I have tried everything: ice, advil, stretching, tying shoes differently, and many more small things. I finally made the choice to get new running shoes. I wasn't looking forward to dishing out more than a hundred dollars on new shoes, that would HOPEFULLY stop my shin splints.

On our way to Duluth, my mom searched for a top-notch running store in Duluth. We found the Duluth Running Company. The guy that helped me was great!! He had me take off my boots and watched me walk back and forth in the store...as he was laying on the floor watching my feet. I showed him my old running shoes and he said that I was in the completely wrong running shoe. I was in a SUPPORT shoe when I needed to be in a NEUTRAL shoe. He said that could be the main reason I was having such bad shin splints.

OLD SHOES
and

I tried on 3 different neutral shoes and walked around the store. It is pretty hard to choose a shoe when you are trying on 3 different pairs. Once I tried on one pair, I forgot about the other pair. I narrowed it down to 2 pairs and put one on each foot.

I chose the Mizunos. They are so comfy and soft. It feels like my foot is surrounded by a pillow...heaven!!
NEW SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments: