Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day Festivities!

What a crazy, food-filled weekend!!!!!

My good friend, Shana and I met for lunch and shopping on Saturday. We waited for an hour for a table at the Good Earth at the Galleria. I hadn't been there in a long time and was excited to order something new and different!

While waiting for our table, we did some shopping. We both found some great things at StyledLife. I found two sweaters for 23$ each and Shana got a gorgeous, blue sweater wrap. I also got a new pair of workout pants and a top at Lucy...I had a coupon so I got a really good deal! YAY!!

Once we sat down at the restaurant, we ordered the Nachos. I also had a coffee and a piece of read.


I was torn with what to order...I was kind of in the mood for breakfast, but I also wanted to try something new. I decided to go with the Szechuan Chicken...so good and fresh!!
Thankfully, the plate was big enough for me to bring half of this delicious meal home!!

After lunch, we went over to Southdale. Shana wanted to go to H & M and I needed to refill some of my makeup at Bare Escentuals. Have you heard of this makeup? It is amazing. It is all powder/minerals and it doesn't feel like you are even wearing makeup. I got a new foundation color, and after watching, Shana wanted her own makeup done.
After makeup, I bought a pair of Skinny jeans at Gap (Scary I know!!!) and we went to Len Druskin to try on some find items! After Len, we headed home. I picked up Chad, who had been doing homework all day and was starving. We went to the Lyndale Tap, a new restaurant in the LynLake neighborhood.

Again, I wanted to try something different. I got the Pulled Pork sandwich with a side of potatoes. See those pickles?? They were so good....pretty spicy. Great meal!!

Of course I had a glass of wine too!

We came home from dinner and did a little cleaning and laundry. We planned to get up Sunday morning (Vday) and make breakfast. We were going to go out to eat but we went out the night before, so we decided to stay in. After waking up a little, Chad decided we should go out for breakfast...we didn't have milk for eggs and neither of us felt like cooking.

Chad wanted to go to the Uptown Diner because he loves their breakfast burrito. I really wanted to try somewhere new. We drove down Lyndale and came across the Sunnyside Up Cafe. It was packed...we finally got a table and sat down amidst the many people.

We started off with coffee. We both loved how all the coffee cups were different shapes, sizes and colors. Chad said we should have coffee cups like those some day :)
I ordered the Special Combo-2 eggs, 2 pieces of meat, 2 pieces of french toast and American Home fries. It was fabulous!! Of course, I didn't finish the whole thing. The french toast was a little weird...it had a crumbly topping.

Chad had the Prickly Cactus...refried beans and cactus paddles and tortillas. He loved it! Very unique.

After our Valentine's Breakfast, we went to Caribou and did homework for a few hours. We both had a water because we were coffee'd out from breakfast. Chad bought me cinnamon red gummy hearts for my present and he emailed me an E-card. Pretty cute :)

We ran some errands at Southdale and Target.

Chad wanted to make dinner...a new recipe he got from a work friend. He coated chicken breasts in egg and stuffing. He laid them in a cake pan and baked them for 25 minutes.

While Chad was making dinner, I was preparing some things for the week's lunches and dinners. I cut and cooked 1 chicken breast for a Chicken Wrap.

I cut up onions, green peppers and red peppers as well.
I used my Tupperware Chopper. This is the GREATEST kitchen gadget ever!!!

I cooked the veggies to go along with Chad's Chicken dinner. I wanted to try roasting veggies. I cut up some Brussel Sprouts and broccoli and placed them in a pan that I coated with cooking spray. I sprayed the veggies with olive oil and onion and garlic powder. They came out a little crispy...oops

It ended up being a perfect Valentine's Day!!!

No comments: