Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cafe Ena and Race-day accessories!

Chad wanted to go out tonight because we won't be able to hang out all weekend...busy schedules!! I researched restaurants in our area and found Cafe Ena...their website menu showed good sandwiches and a cool atmosphere. I was game!!

I always get excited for a date with my husband...we don't do them enough!! I drove up and he was hobbling around (still recovering from his "ice" accident) talking on the phone. We walked into the restaurant...Wow! They were definitely right about the atmosphere...Latin music, rustic feeling. It was great! We sat down, opened the menu, and realized there were NO sandwiches on the menu. Not only that, but there was nothing on the dinner menu under $18. We (Chad) were looking for a "grab a beer- and go-" kinda place. Guess Not!
Chad asked the server for the beer menu and was told they only serve beer Friday-Sunday....WHAT???????????? I was hoping he wasn't going to explode right then and there. I suggested we go to the place across the street, but he said we should stay. "When in Rome..." right?? So we ordered...him a Sangria and me a wine that was similar to Pinot Grigio (this is a special occasion right??).

We started with bread and a red/sweet buttery thing...I think it was strawberry butter. who knows!!
Look at these fun plates...reminded of us our honeymoon in Mexico!
Sorry the pics are so dark...it was the ambience! :)
Sangria reminds me of my time spent in Florence...we had A LOT of Sangria!!

For dinner, I ordered the special-Filet Mignon with asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes.


Chad ordered the Grouper wrapped in Prosciutto. It was also stuffed with crab...Yummy!

Both were FANTASTIC!!!!!!
Can you tell?

We skipped dessert after we talked about the good things we had at home...



St. Patty's Day 5K Update!!
I was catching up with Tina on CarrotsnCake.com. She was showing pics of her accessories for her St. Patty's 5K. I remembered that I never posted my pics of my accessories for my race...exciting!!!!!
Not going to lie...this is part of the reason I am so excited for the race!! I also got a green zip-up running hoodie at the Nike outlet...

Can't wait to post pics of my first race in 10 years!!!!!

No comments: