Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I did it!!!!

So I finally feel ready for my 5K this Sunday. I was getting really nervous because I hadn't even run a full 3 miles without stopping before tonight. I was having troubles with my shins, I was sick for a week and a half and hadn't had consistent exercise in 2 weeks.

Monday I ran/walked 3.1 miles in 37 miles. I ran most of the time but wasn't very fast. My shins were ok, but I had a little pain. It is weird- I have more pain after I walk and start running again. So I guess I just have to keep running!!

Tuesday I did session 1 of Jillian Michael's 30-day Shred.
I wore my old shoes because my new shoes were in my car. (LAZY!!) During the cardio section (jumping jacks, butt kicks, etc) my shins REALLY hurt. I paused the DVD and put on the Shin Compression Wrap I bought yesterday at the Running Room.
(This is NOT my leg...btw)

My shins still hurt but I finished the first session.

I was thinking I was going to be SORE yesterday from my run and today from the Shred...but I wasn't either time.

I went to the gym today prepared to run!!! I got on the treadmill, walked for 1 minute and went right to work. I wavered between 5.5 and 6.0 mph. Most of the time, I run at 6.0. Two weeks ago, I could only run at 6.0 for a few minutes.

Funny Story: I cover up the screen on the treadmill while I run. I don't like knowing how far I have left. I moved my book and saw that I had run 2.58 miles. Stupid me...I was thinking it was time...you know, 60 seconds in a minute kind of deal? When I saw the mileage change to 2.60, I FREAKED out. You know how it is when you think you are almost done and you realize you still have more? Running is such a mental thing and I had to convince myself over and over to keep going and not to slow down. I kept it at 6.0 and finished strong. I even upped it to 6.3 for a few minutes!!

I was so proud of myself!! I DID IT!!!!!
I am just a little bit excited!!!

I am so excited and motivated that I registered for my next race!!! I am registered for the Challenge Obesity 5K. It is around Como Lake, just like my race on Sunday. Makes me feel better!!

My dad is going to run the race with me on Sunday...nice surprise!!

After my big run, I wanted a BIG salad! I stopped at Lunds and got salad fixings from the salad bar. This is the easiest way for me to have fresh, chopped veggies QUICKLY! So easy!!
My salad had:
* mixed greens
* craisins
* carrots
* cucumbers
* broccoli
* red onions
* red/yellow/green peppers
* Hot pepper cheese chunks
* peas
* Balsamic Garlic Viniagarette (Is that how you spell that??)

I also had a grapefruit (LOVE!!), a cup of Baked beans and my favorite water!!

Ok...finishing up an episode of 16 and Pregnant (I know....I'm a teenager!) and heading to bed.

nighty Night!!!

No comments: