Tuesday, March 2, 2010

EEEEKKKKK!

Workouts are still on hold. I keep going to bed thinking I am going to wake up healthy and refreshed. I almost went home from work today...my head is so stuffy and runny!! BOO!!!

So I am listening to my body and resting...I am hoping the rest will do me some good. I am nervous about my 5K coming up in 11 days...eeeeeekkkkkk!!!!

I have seen Megan at MegaNerdRuns.com make the choice to try the Project Glow from Angela at OhSheGlows.com. I have struggled with acne since I was 15. I have been on Accutane, ProActive, Acne-Free, more antibiotics than I can count and endless amounts of topical creams. Some things work for awhile but never permanently. Thank God my face cleared up for my wedding...but since then, it has been an upward battle!! (My mom would attribute this to my not washing my face every night...verdict is still out on that one)

I am currently on an Antibiotic (Minocycline) a topical cream (Tretinoin) and a Sunfader for my brown spots (Obagi Nu-Derm 6). I have also been on Clindamyacin on and off since I was a teen and Mela-D for the sun spots. It is EXHAUSTING trying new products, getting excited about it working and seeing it fail!

So I am up for trying something new. Angela explains her Project Glow in detail and I am going to try it out, with a few alterations. I bought the St. Ives Blemish and Blackhead control. I looked at Target and Walgreens for the cleanser and moisturizer....no luck. Where else should I look? CVS???
This is going to take a lot of guts on my part...but I am going to post a picture of my face now...without make up on.........EEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

The things I do for the Internet :) You can't really see the redness in my face but believe me, it is there!! I have a lot of leftover marks from acne...I am going to abandon my current treatments to try something new and natural...


I will:
1. Wash my face every night and apply a lotion
2. wash my face every morning and apply a cleanser and moisturizer
3. Try the ever-popular Green Monster...another EEEEEKKKK! (I have yet to try one of these popular drinks but I have the ingredients ready to go. It better be good after how many people drink them!!!)
4. Drink more water...(Do my LaCroix waters count for regular water???)

So this is my current beauty challenge..to go along with my Whittle My Mittle challenge (Which is also on hold since my face has a leak).

My mom will be so proud :)

2 comments:

Andi said...

I have had the hardest time finding a makeup that covers blemishes and doesn't give me more breakouts. Have you found something that works?

Joanie Raiche said...

I use Bare Essentuals Mineral makeup. It feels like you aren't even wearing makeup...there is a store at Southdale. They are AWESOME!!!