Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Loooooonnnnnnng Week...

Wow was last week a long and painful week. Monday and Tuesday I nursed my calves back to health, or tried to. I felt great after my race but was really tight in my right calf. I held off on exercise and decided to rest for the week.

Chad and I had plans to go out for St. Patty's Day on Wednesday. Before we went out, I decided to cook up a chicken breast that was in my fridge....the important part of this story is that it had been in the fridge for quite awhile...longer than 7 days. I didn't want to pay to eat out and wanted to get rid of this chicken...Bad idea!!! I was already feeling icky from sinus stuff...the food sickness made a slow progression...

Chad and I drove down to Minneapolis and parked by Block E. My dad was at the new Kieren's with work friends (he is friends with Kieren through the restaurant biz) and we wanted to meet up with him...(You know you are old when you meet your dad at a bar for a holiday ;)

Luckily, he was just leaving. We found this out as we walked by the line of hundreds of people...he gave us his and a friends' wrist band so we could cut in line...I know, so rebellious of me right?
The new Kieren's is really cool!! Really open, rustic and Irish!! They had an Irish band playing so we stayed right up front and listened. We found a spot to sit and did some people watching. My stomach was starting to feel a little off...so I ordered a side of "chips". I was pretty disappointed with these, because I am used to British chips...thick, wedge potatoes. These were stringy...ech.
The coolest part of the whole night was the few times that the bagpipers came through the bar. There were probably 10 bag pipers and 3-5 drummers. They made their way around the bar...so cool!!!

It was a fun night, but my stomach was not happy when I got home. 2 beers and the fries didn't help...

Let's just say it was a LOOOONNNNGGGG night...

and I missed work the next day...

boo

No comments: