Sunday, May 9, 2010

50 going on 20!

Saturday night, I went to Whiskey Junction in Minneapolis to see my brother's band play a birthday party. My dad's good friend was turning 50 and they asked my brother's band to play. I haven't seen my brother's band play in awhile so I was excited to go, especially since it was so close to my house!
My dad has very active friends. He skied the Berkebeiner with Ben this winter and does a lot of biking with his other close friend.  

Pretty good for old guys huh?? Just kidding dad :)
That's my brother in the green...

If you haven't heard them, check them out here..


On a break, we took some nice family pictures. 
Well we tried to take a nice picture...
Thanks Drew. You can all see that clearly I am the normal one in the family:)

As I was leaving, I caught some good pictures of my parents ripping up the dance floor...
They didn't leave the bar until 2:30 in the morning....
Guess I have this to look forward to when I am in my 50's !!!

My dad may be in his 50's but he knows how to have fun, tear up the dance floor and show my mom a good time!! Thanks for making me laugh dad!

I had 2 beers and a small piece of pizza at the party and headed home around midnight.

I had to leave. I had a race the next morning.

Thankfully, I laid out all my needs for the race before I left for the concert...
The Susan Komen Race for the Cure 5K Run started at 7:30. I wanted to get there at 7:00 to walk around and not feel rushed.  I was corralled into the IKEA parking lot and headed over to the mall. Nobody was there yet so I loaded up on some free stuff!


Look at all those bananas! I didn't even feel bad taking 2!

And who doesn't love free coffee?? This couldn't get any better...or could it?

Free Watermelon?????
Amazing!

There were SOOOO many people there. I have never seen so many people at a race before! It was amazing. The pride, excitement and celebration in the air was contagious!!!

I also scored a cute grocery bag, some Fiber One bars, Black beans and Kidney beans, Green Tea, a Purple Heart keychain. I was so excited about all the stuff I scored!!

I finally met up with my dad (Yes! The CRAZY dancing guy made it out to my 7:30 race...thanks dad!!!) and my two cousins. I was running with my cousin Tiffany, and my cousin Kelly had our bibs.  We then made our way to the Start line. 

Again I cannot even express how many people there were. After the race started, we stood around for about 2 minutes and then walked to the finish line, which took another 3 minutes.  I started my stopwatch as we walked under the Start sign.

This was such a fun race! There were bands playing, cheerleaders cheering, people screaming. It was so motivational! We actually ran pretty fast, but because there were so many people, we were up and down on the sidewalk, dodging people and fire hydrants.  

When we finally saw the finish line, we SPRINTED!!!!

It was a great finish! Our final time was 32 minutes and 54 seconds.  This was slower than both our other 5K's but we were happy anyways. We knew it wouldn't be a race about time...it was about raising money for curing breast cancer. It was about celebrating life and surviving breast cancer...it was a great day!

I even saw a Pink limo...cool!

Here is a full shot of my whole outfit!

And all my free gear!!!




Happy Mother's Day mama!! I hope I never have to watch you go through such a horrible thing as breast cancer!!!  I love you!!!

No comments: