Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I think I can, I think I can...I KNOW I can!

I haven't run in quite awhile...like I don't remember the last time I ran longer than 5 minutes :(

I have been doing cardio at the club and going to my Monday night Bodyworks classes.  I am running the Race for the Cure 5K on Sunday so I told myself this weekend that I had to fit in at least 3 runs this week! Today was run #1.

I knew it was going to be ugly, so of course I was putting it off. I was trying to convince myself not to go. It was too windy, or it was going to rain, or I was too tired. But I put on my new favorite song, Naturally by Selena Gomez, and played it super loud on my computer.

This gave me the motivation to get changed and get out the door!

I decided to take it easy since I hadn't run in awhile.  I walked when I felt like it...but unfortunately, I had a piece of banana bread right before I left work and had a major gut ache from that...I kept on though.


Statistics

Avg Speed:
 miles/h
Total Distance:
2.13 miles
Estimated Time:
0h 22m 11s
Start Elevation:
866.14 ft
End Elevation:
866.14 ft
Minimum Elevation:
849.74 ft
Maximum Elevation:
872.70 ft
Elevation Ascent:
45.93 ft
Elevation Descent:
45.93 ft
Track Points:
11
Weight:
 lbs
Activity Type:
Estimated Calories:
234.84
I tried a million times to upload the map of my route but I couldn't figure it out...oops.  
Tonight, I am making Tropical Chicken Salad from this same cookbook.  Chad got a Customer Service Award this morning so I decided to make him a congratulatory dinner!!
Since I hate posts with no pictures, here are some pics from the best day of my life to tide you over until the pics from tonight's dinner...

No comments: