Monday, May 3, 2010

Manic Monday...

The crazyness of the weekend just carried over to my Monday.  Today was a crazy day, to say the least!!

We had a sub in the building today so the kids were...a little off :)  I was happy to bring them out to the bus...

Although some of these kids don't look very happy...don't worry, they are just putting on a face :)

After work, I headed home to plan my meals for the week. I am using Sandra Lee's cookbook for three of the recipes.  

I made my grocery list and laid on the couch reading my new book:

At 6:30, I changed and left for my Bodyworks class.  After going to this class the first time, I vowed to never miss a class. Betty is amazing!! But sometimes I do think she is the devil :)

The only problem is I don't get home from her class until 8:30, plus tonight I had to stop at the grocery store and didn't get home until 9:00. 

I quickly unpacked the groceries and got to work on our lunches for tomorrow:

Chicken-Tarragon Salad
Super Foods: Yogurt, Walnuts and Onion

1/2 c. fat free mayo
1/4 c. fat free plain yogurt  (I used Fage)
2 t. chopped fresh tarragon
1 t. poppy seeds
2 pouches chunk chicken breast meat, rinsed and drained
1 c. seedless red grapes, cut in half
2 ribs celery, chopped
1/4 c. chopped walnuts
1/4 c. chopped red onion

1. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together mayo, yogurt, tarragon and poppy seeds.
2. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, grapes, and celery. 

3. Add walnuts and dressing. Stir to fully combine.  



This was supposed to be lunch for tomorrow but Chad couldn't wait. He gave it 2 thumbs up!!

I am looking forward to having this for lunch tomorrow!!



I always have a problem deciding what to have for dinner when I go to a 7 pm class and get home at 9:00. Tonight, I made a feta and spinach omelette.





It was a perfectly light dinner, which hopefully won't leave me with a gut-ache tomorrow morning.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Head on over to Alexa's blog, My Tale of Two Cities to check out her walking club!!

No comments: