Sunday, May 2, 2010

A wild and crazy weekend!!

Wow. What a busy weekend! I went into this weekend with NO plans, but it ended up being a really fun weekend!!

Friday night, I went with my cousin Annie to the Fine Line for a concert. Her boyfriend's good friend was playing and Chad had to do homework so I decided to tag along.  Plus, one of Drew's friends, Cedar Avenue, was playing. It was bound to be a fun-filled night!

Annie and Mitch picked me up and we headed downtown!

I was worried about the cover because usually the Fine Line is pretty expensive, but it was only 5 bucks...score!!
The first band to play was Kelly Jo Mitchell. They were pretty good. It was basically a girl and her piano, with an occasional guitar add-in. I saw someone in college like this...pretty laid back and mellow. The lead singer did have a pretty voice though...

It was about this time that we realized, at 8:45 that the band we were going to see wasn't playing until 11:00 p.m. Luckily, there were some other good bands playing that night too!

The next band up was Cedar Avenue. My brother said they were good friends of theirs so I was excited to see them. They were really good! I really like the addition of a woman's voice to an all-boy band :)


Oh I forgot to talk about, or take pictures of Select Three.  Annie REALLY liked them :)  We decided they were a little like the Jonas Brothers...or a lot like them.  They won Fox 9's Battle of the Bands in 2009.  I think they were all 13 or 14 years old...


Here is Dan Rodriguez and Casey Carlson.  She was on American Idol and is super cute. I texted this picture of her to try to get Chad to come to the show...
It didn't work. He just had too much homework :(


It was a great night! I had so much fun and got to see some really great musicians! I will definitely be checking out Cedar Avenue and Don Rodriguez again! I did, however, have WAY too much wine.  

Nothing a Green/Red Monster can't fix!
My Green Monster had:
* 2 handfuls of Spinach
* 1 cup of milk
* 1/2 banana
* 1 cup frozen strawberries
* 1/2 cup of granola

Not going to lie...I totally ate this in bed while watching Mtv.  I felt like I was in college again...laying in bed until 11:00 eating my breakfast and surfing the Internet.  

Well I did finally get up and get dressed. I was going to walk around Calhoun, but once I got in the car, I  wanted to see FLOWERS! I decided to head to the Arboretum. I have never walked around there but Bel always talks about how beautiful it is!!

I stopped at my parents' because I was going to pick up my mom and stop by the lot on the way to the Arboretum. She was on her way home from the gym so I spent some time with my puppy...

 




My mom and I headed to the lot/house. We are transitioning to calling it the house because there is actually the start of a house there!! YEEEEEEE!!


I didn't end up walking around the Arboretum...it was sooooooooo windy!!

Saturday night, Chad and I went to our friend Matt and Kelly's. We haven't seen them since their baby was born 6 months ago...wow!


Matt and Kelly prepared a fabulous dinner: potatoes and ribs on the grill and a fresh, tasty salad! Craisins, sugared almonds, gorgonzola cheese and Poppy Seed dressing are my new favorite salad add-ons!

Chad enjoyed playing with the dog...he tried to teach him the "treat on the nose" trick, but Buca was not having it!  He did every trick he knew: sit, lay down, high-five. He was so confused...poor Buca.

Sunday morning, we woke up and cleaned the whole house. It was atrocious! I hope our next house isn't so dusty!

After cleaning, we headed to the May Day festival at Powderhorn. We have never been to this festival but I have heard it's not something to miss....

We enjoyed a corn dog, cheese curds and Chad had a Gyro...





A perfect end to a perfect weekend...who doesn't love ice cream cones??

2 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Wow sounds like such a fun time!

The Room Fitting Room said...
This comment has been removed by the author.