Sunday, April 18, 2010

Late post...

I know I know I know. It has been almost 2 WEEKS since my last post. It doesn't seem like that much time has passed since I wrote. The last 2 weeks have flown by.

We had MCA tests last week. If you live in MN and don't know anything about the MCA tests, what rock have you been living under? Just kidding :)

It's basically all we talk about as teachers (as sad as that is). The 3rd-5th graders had 4 segments of Reading and Math to take.  Because we don't want to overwhelm or burn out our students, we spread the tests out over 4-6 days.  This is good for the kids, however it messes up the rest of the schedules for the whole school.  So I, (along with the kids and staff) am very excited for these MCA's to be over!!

Only 2 more days next week and we are done!! I am just ready to finish off the last 7 weeks of school with a bang!! I am working REALLY hard trying to get all the 2nd-5th graders up to grade level. This is a humongous task!!

Along with work being busy and crazy, work on our house has finally started!!

I didn't want to say much before I knew this was for sure...but we are building a house in Shakopee!!!

I would like to explain everything that is going on in these pictures, but I have no idea...but it looks like stuff is really starting to come together!!





I guess I get this guy with the house....

So this week we drove down to Shakopee to pick out some of the exterior things: shingles, shanks, siding, windows and the door.  We will be moving in at the end or middle of June..CANNOT WAIT!!!!


Another thing I have been busy with is my running.  I ran 3 times last week, 3.1 miles each time.  Today, I ran my 2nd 5K.  

The Challenge Obesity 5K was super fun!! Unfortunately, I didn't have the audience I had last time (Chad and my mom both had to work) but thankfully, my dad saved the day and came to cheer me on.  
It was a bit chilly in the morning...
But after my first lap, I gave my jacket to my dad. Thanks dad!!
My dad offered to run with me, but I really wanted to do this run on my own!
Last race, my dad had to convince me to keep running when I was so tired!
I wanted to try this on my own.
Near this point, I REALLY wanted to walk. I was getting so tired and just wanted to slow down and walk. But I kept on going!!

I didn't give up or walk! I YELLED at myself (in my head), "YOU WILL NOT STOP. KEEP RUNNING!!"

I guess it worked! I crossed the finish line 2 WHOLE minutes before my last race. I was ecstatic!!!


Want to know a secret??

I saw some of the Minneapolis Fitness bloggers there...Mary from Fit This Girl,


3 comments:

margot prenye' said...

You are such an awesome woman! Words cannot express how proud I am of you, and your transformation. I am so looking forward to the next phase of your life, and of our lives.

Anonymous said...

Thanks momma!! I am so lucky to have such a wonderful woman for my mother!!!

Andi said...

COngrats on the 2nd 5K! And Congrats on the house! We just moved into a new house last year and the new developments are so fun! Lots of people around the same age! I love seeing all the houses go up around us! Who is your builder?