Monday, April 5, 2010

The week in recipes...

So I picked 4 different recipes to try this week: 2 for dinner and 2 for lunch.  I chose each recipe from one of the blogs I read.
Dinner:
* Santa Fe Casserole from Caitlin at HealthyTippingPoint.com
* Roasted Chicken Vegetable Quinoa from Iowa Girl Eats

Lunch:
* Pasta Salad from Tina at CarrotsNCake.com
* Vegetable Pasta Salad from Kath at KathEats.com


Tonight I was excited to make Caitlin's Santa Fe Casserole. I had to pick up some of the ingredients, but ti doesn't take much!!  I have 2 minutes left until the buzzer goes off and then I get to dig in...which I had someone to share this great meal with...boo

I sipped on a Pom-ocktail.  Pom juice with a little sparkling water...tastes a little different but once I got used to it, I really liked it! Refreshing!!

I am learning to get all my ingredients ready BEFORE I start cooking...geez. It took me long enough to figure that out :)




I also put some fruit together...Look how HUGe those strawberries look compared to those tiny raspberries!!

WARNING: Casserole will look soupy when you take it out. Let it sit for 3-5 minutes and it will start to look normal. I topped my bowl with a little more cheese!

Success!!!

No comments: