I had a great day with my family. We went to Joan of Arc church, which I never realized is right down the street from my house! The music was great, and even featured Robert Robinson! If you have never heard of him, check him out here... I have seen him many times with Lorie Line. I literally got goosebumps. His voice just makes me want to shut my eyes and listen all day!!
My parents had some of my dad's siblings and kids over. It was a great time! There was a TON of food!! (I don't have any pictures because my SD card has gone haywire! BOO!) I made a French Toast Casserole.
French Toast Casserole
Virginia Willis, BON APPETIT,Y’ALL
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 loaf brioche or challah bread, sliced into 1 1/2 inch slices (I used cinnamon loaf bread)
8 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Confectioners’ sugar for accompanimen
Pure Maple Syrup
• Combine the melted butter and sugar in the bottom of a baking dish.
• Make a nice even layer of the mixture to cover the entire area.
• Arrange the bread slices on top, squeezing them in place.
• Whisk the eggs, add all the remaining ingredients except the pecans.
• Pour over the bread, letting it soak in.
• Top with pecans and cover with plastic wrap. (The casserole will not look real moist, don’t worry I promise it will be so when you eat it)
• Keep refrigerated for at least 3 hours or up to 12 hours.
• Set out at room temperature for 20 minutes before popping into a hot oven set to 350 degrees.
• Bake until lightly browned and set, 35 to 40 minutes.
• Remove and slightly cook if you can wait a few minutes.
• Serve hot or warm with sorghum, cane or maple syrup.
It was a big hit! All the ladies wanted the recipe!!
My mom had a few egg dishes and her fabulous cheesy potatoes...YUMMY!!!
I had to spend Easter solo...because Chad left yesterday morning for a 5 day fishing trip.
WARNING: Cheesy part coming now!!
I am fine with Chad going on a fishing trip, but I don't like being at the house alone, and I really miss him when he is gone. He makes quite a presence when he is here :)
I had to babysit Friday night, and it ended up being a late night (Like 1:30 a.m.). By the time I got home, Chad was asleep. He was getting picked up around 4 in the morning. So my hopes of spending time with him before he left flew out the window.
Fortunately, I came home to this:
Chad knew how sad I was that he was leaving, especially that he was going to be gone for a holiday. So he got me flowers for Easter...I can't tell you the last time I got flowers :)
There was also a paper grocery bag stapled shut. What could be in here?? There were 10 packets of flowers/vegetables and 10 temporary pots. He told me later that he knew if I had a project, it would keep me busy when he was gone :)
Luckily, we had a good cuddle session before he left 3 hours later. He showered me with kisses and hugs before he went...
I got up the next morning and was happy to find some surprises in the house...
I told you it was going to be cheesy...
Don't tell Chad I showed you this...he doesn't like people to know how sweet he is :)
I go back to work tomorrow...UGH!!!!!