Sunday, April 4, 2010

WARNING: Cheesy post ahead!!!

Happy Easter!!

I had a great day with my family. We went to Joan of Arc church, which I never realized is right down the street from my house!  The music was great, and even featured Robert Robinson! If you have never heard of him, check him out here... I have seen him many times with Lorie Line. I literally got goosebumps.  His voice just makes me want to shut my eyes and listen all day!!

My parents had some of my dad's siblings and kids over.  It was a great time! There was a TON of food!! (I don't have any pictures because my SD card has gone haywire! BOO!)  I made a French Toast Casserole.


French Toast Casserole
Virginia Willis, BON APPETIT,Y’ALL
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 loaf brioche or challah bread, sliced into 1 1/2 inch slices (I used cinnamon loaf bread)
8 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Confectioners’ sugar for accompanimen
Pure Maple Syrup
    Combine the melted butter and sugar in the bottom of a baking dish.
    Make a nice even layer of the mixture to cover the entire area.
    Arrange the bread slices on top, squeezing them in place.
    Whisk the eggs, add all the remaining ingredients except the pecans.
    Pour over the bread, letting it soak in.
    Top with pecans and cover with plastic wrap. (The casserole will not look real moist, don’t worry I promise it will be so when you eat it)
    Keep refrigerated for at least 3 hours or up to 12 hours.
    Set out at room temperature for 20 minutes before popping into a hot oven set to 350 degrees.
    Bake until lightly browned and set, 35 to 40 minutes.
    Remove and slightly cook if you can wait a few minutes.
    Serve hot or warm with sorghum, cane or maple syrup.
Serves 8

It was a big hit! All the ladies wanted the recipe!!

My mom had a few egg dishes and her fabulous cheesy potatoes...YUMMY!!!

I had to spend Easter solo...because Chad left yesterday morning for a 5 day fishing trip.  

WARNING: Cheesy part coming now!!

I am fine with Chad going on a fishing trip, but I don't like being at the house alone, and I really miss him when he is gone. He makes quite a presence when he is here :)

I had to babysit Friday night, and it ended up being a late night (Like 1:30 a.m.). By the time I got home, Chad was asleep. He was getting picked up around 4 in the morning.  So my hopes of spending time with him before he left flew out the window.  

Fortunately, I came home to this:


Chad knew how sad I was that he was leaving, especially that he was going to be gone for a holiday.  So he got me flowers for Easter...I can't tell you the last time I got flowers :)

There was also a paper grocery bag stapled shut.  What could be in here??  There were 10 packets of flowers/vegetables and 10 temporary pots.  He told me later that he knew if I had a project, it would keep me busy when he was gone :)

Luckily, we had a good cuddle session before he left 3 hours later.  He showered me with kisses and hugs before he went...

I got up the next morning and was happy to find some surprises in the house...

                                 





I told you it was going to be cheesy...

Don't tell Chad I showed you this...he doesn't like people to know how sweet he is :)

I go back to work tomorrow...UGH!!!!!




No comments: