Sunday, January 17, 2010

A breakfast cookie? That sounds healthy...



So I made a recipe last night that I found on a blog that was meant for today's breakfast. It is a breakfast cookie...I know, I know. How can a cookie be a good thing for breakfast? Check out the Fitnessista's recipe for the Breakfast Cookie...

Here are the ingredients:
1/3 c. oats
1/8 c. milk
1 Tb. peanut butter
add-ins: Peanut butter chips and chocolate chips, raisins, cinnamon

You put the mound of oats in the fridge overnight and it hardens into a cookie. Well, I couldn't pick it up and eat it, but it looked like a cookie:)

The Husband said it was ok...kind of bitter in some bites and sweet in others. I guess I didn't mix the ingredients very well. I will definitely try this again though, because it was filling and yummy!


I met Chad's mom and his brother's girlfriend, Lacey at Jensen's Cafe in Burnsville. I was super excited about this because I had heard great things about it! There were so many great things on the menu and it was hard to pick just one thing to order. I decided on the Kitchen Sink Ome-Alot! It came with a piece of toast and potatoes. I had a cup of coffee while we waited for our food. When my food came, I dug into the omelette and potatoes. However, there was A LOT of spinach in the eggs. I grabbed a menu and checked the description of the omelette I ordered. It did NOT contain spinach. I notified the server and he said he would have the right omelette made. So this picture is of the first omelette. I did not get a picture of the 2nd omelette becasue I was so hungry, I had to eat it!!
I had a few bites of this omelette but wanted to save my appetite and calories for my real omelette. You can see how big it is...of course I only finished half of my omelette. I asked for a box and waited. Before we knew it, our food was taken off the table and I never saw the omelette again. The server threw it away....a 1/2 of an omelette!!!! I was so disappointed!!

My mother-in-law Julia ordered a brownie. She had already had breakfast and was craving something sweet...I suggested she pour some of the homemade raspberry jam that came with my toast over the brownie.
I had a tiny bite...Yummy!!

Overall, I would recommend Jensen's again but I would be cautious of the servers...protect your leftovers!!!!!!





No comments: