Sunday, January 3, 2010

More taste please...

So I experimented with a new recipe tonight that I found on WomensHealthmag.com. It was a different recipe for me...with some odd combinations of ingredients...but I was up for the challenge :)

Tuscan Chicken Pasta

2 oz Barilla Plus penne pasta
2 chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4 in. thickness
Salt and pepper
I tsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
1 cup cannellini beans, rinsed
2 Tb. diced roasted red pepper
4 cups baby spinach leaves
2 Tb. grated Parmesan

1. Cook the pasta according to directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, season chicken with salt and pepper and sear in skillet. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
3. Add the oil, garlic, rosemary, beans, red pepper, and spinach to the skillet. Cook, turning frequently, until the spinach wilts (1 to 2 minutes).

4. Slice the chicken and drain the pasta. Toss them with the bean mixture.

5. Spoon the pasta into two bowls and top with parmesan.


Now we weren't too thrilled with this recipe. It had great ingredients but it was lacking some taste. Chad and I decided we would add some red pepper flakes, tomato sauce or asiago cheese sauce. It just needed some more punch!! I may try this recipe again but with some adjustments.

No comments: