Friday, January 1, 2010

Playing catch up...

I have not had a chance to sit down and write over the last 2 days. I usually like to write these blogs at night after a full day and I didn't have time the last 2 days. I was still keeping track of my meals though. I won't post all of that but I am going to show you pictures of the fabulous meal we made for New Year's Eve.

Sauteed Green Beans and Onions with Bacon
* I sauteed cocktail onions, sugar and dried thyme

* The green beans, onions and thyme/sugar mix

* After putting these in a bowl, I added crumbled bacon. I don't have a picture of that but they were REALLY good! The only thing I would change is that I burned the bacon...:(

Rosemary Potatoes
*
I had Chad cut up the potatoes. They were pretty big so he cut them into slices instead of quarters like the recipe called for.

* Finished product: Mixed garlic, rosemary, kosher salt and pepper with butter and tossed the potatoes in that. Microwaved them for 15 minutes...perfect!!
Spiced Pepper-Crusted Filet Mignon
*
We used bone-in tenderloins instead because they were cheaper. They were still really good...I marinated them in minced garlic, olive oil, and brandy. Chad cooked them on our indoor grill...Perfecto!!

All in all, it was a great New Year's. We were glad we decided to stay in and cook dinner.
The final products!!

Chad doesn't really like taking so many pics...


We have never had a tradition for New Year's Eve...maybe we will create one some day. What is your New Year's Eve Tradition??



No comments: