Saturday, January 30, 2010

Hellooooooooooo!

Whenever I hear someone say, "Helllooooo!!" I think of Mrs. Doubtfire...anyone else?? Sorry for the random thought.

Ok...so I ran away to Dunn Bros. so I could do some Internet hopping, facebooking, shopping and blogging. I have quite a few pics from the last week of food that I want to share with y

Last Sunday was a big day for us Vikings fans. If we won this game, we would go to the Super Bowl. It can be easily said that we were EXCITED!!! We met my cousin, Annie and her boyfriend Eric at Majors in Apple Valley.
It was PACKED!!! I had never seen so much purple in one restaurant. It was a nail-biting game..
I am still sad to say that we lost in overtime. It was a really good game, but extremely disappointing...
We picked up our sad faces and headed home.

This week, I made one of my favorite meals!! Chicken or Salmon with green beans and some sort of rice/potato. I found a box of Risotto that I was dying to try, and I was so impressed. All my sauce pans were either being used or in the dishwasher, so I had to make the risotto in the microwave. It turned out so wonderfully!!
I also made Salmon on our indoor grill with a Spicy Tokyo Rub...a little bit of kick!


I sipped on a glass of Pinot Grigio while I cooked...don't you LOVE these glasses? (One of my favorite wedding presents :)


Our indoor grill was also a great wedding present...but it is really hard to clean :(

I also made my FAVORITE vegetable side dish: green beans with olive oil and feta cheese. This time, I added a 1/2 cup of diced carrots and onions as well. Just for a change in pace.
I topped with feta cheese and olive oil and tossed the beans. Then I added a pinch of Romano cheese....TO DIE FOR!!!!!!! I could have just eaten this for my meal :)

The whole meal...
I probably had 2 servings of the risotto, but it was just so good.

Cousin's Night Cabooze-style!
I am the event planner for my cousins. We try to get together once a month and do something fun. My brother's band, Roster McCabe was playing at the Cabooze, so I organized an appetizer/drinks event at the Town Hall before the show.
Shana and Chris were honorary cousins for the night...nice face Chad.


Can you tell we are related???

We all headed over to the Cabooze together for a fun night of dancing, screaming and singing!! I have to be the loudest "cheerer" during Drew's shows and I love embarassing him!! I was so happy that my cousins Tara and Ashley were able to see Roster McCabe in the flesh, live and awesome!!






Look at all the people!! Everyone was singing and dancing like crazy!!

Front row baby!!


All in all Cousins Night was another great success! Can't wait until next month's!!

No comments: