Friday, January 15, 2010

Long Time No Blog!!

I really didn't think it had been since Monday that I had blogged. I have much to share...just kidding. Just had a very busy week with work and other nighttime obligations...

This week, I made Chicken Stir Fry again (my new, easy favorite!) I got new glasses on Tuesday and we had dinner at Chipotle...I LOVE the Chicken Fajita Bowl (without rice) and extra vegetables! So tasty and fresh!! Wednesday, I did another great workout on the treadmill and the CrossRamp.

I could already feel my endurance go up on the treadmill using the Galloway method. This time, I walked 2 minutes at 3.5 and then ran 3 minutes at 5.5. I could probably have gone faster but I wanted to be able to keep a steady pace. I did this for 30 minutes and 2.26 miles. I then did the Cross Ramp for 28 minutes for 1.88 miles. I stopped at Trader Joe's (SO much cheaper than Whole Foods!) and got a pesto pizza. I was really glad to have that when I got home from a long workout around 8:30 p.m.

I also made a side salad to go with it. I threw everything that looked good in this salad...doesn't it look good?? I even added cherry tomatoes...(I am known for picking tomatoes out of my dishes. I don't really like how they squish in my mouth...ick). This salad also had feta cheese, pea pods, onions, green peppers, red peppers, carrots and a balsamic vinaigrette/olive oil/mustard mixture. I also added craisins!!



Trader Joe's Pesto Pizza

Thursday, I went to see Dreamgirls with my mom, her friend, Patty and my super cousin, Annie. We met before for our traditional appetizer/wine fill at Palomino. I was super hungry so I ordered the Chop Chop Salad. This was a fabulous combination of turkey, salami, Provolone, basil, garbanzo beans, Parmesan, romaine, tomatoes and Balsamic vinaigrette. This Balsamic was fabulous and I don't usually like this dressing. I asked the server what it was and she said they whipped the balsamic with olive oil and it fluffs it up. I also had a piece of the Prosciutto and Roma Tomato pizza and the Incredible Pepperoni pizza. Of course, I had 2 glasses of Pinot Grigio to go with my meal.

Tonight, I was convinced to go to Rudolphs after work. I can't pass on that offer. I had the 2-1 Michelob Golden Light and the Spinach Artichoke Dip. I will make up for this tomorrow at Body Works Plus Abs at 9:45 am.

Enjoy your weekend...is yours a long weekend too???


No comments: