Friday, January 22, 2010

Pizza for 30...anyone??

Not much to blog about today...body and mind are tired and ready for bed. Took two days off from gym because of sore shins. Going to Marathon Sports next week and trying on different shoes. That was my solution when I ran track in high school...and do some more stretches. We will see how that affects my poor, hurting shins. I am taking advice from my marathon-runner friend, Sarah and my trainer friend, Kali. Hopefully, with all their advice, I can keep running!

I took chicken out this morning to make something tonight, but by the time I got home I didn't feel like making anything. Luckily, Chad called and said he felt like pizza. I wholeheartedly agreed!! He stopped at CostCo and got a Take-and-Bake pizza. Have you had these? They are enough to feed 30 people...HUGE!!!

I had a salad already prepared when Chad walked in the door. I chopped up all the vegetables I had in the fridge and added them to the salad. I like putting all the veggies in a prep bowl and then adding them to the salad all at the same time. That way, they all stay on the top!

I put some broccoli in a bowl with some water and microwaved them for 1 minute. I then chopped those up and added those to the bowl of veggies ready to enter the salad.
This salad had carrots, onions, green peppers, cucumber, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, pea pods, baby romaine, feta cheese and a homemade balsamic/olive oil dressing.
Doesn't it look good? After eating this whole salad, I only had room for one small piece of pizza...Now we have leftovers for the next 3 months :)


I have Saturday School tomorrow with 6 struggling students...and then I am going to go Cross Country skiing with my dad...pretty scared about that. I haven't skied since high school and my dad has been skiing for awhile. Hopefully he won't leave me in the dust...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope skiing went well! I have only been once since our glory days on the ski team.