Monday, January 11, 2010

Skippy/Jiffy vs. Organic/Natural Peanut Butter

This post is for my mother... :)

She was extremely happy to hear that I bought ORGANIC PEANUT BUTTER the other night. I have complained at the cabin for the last few years about all her "organic junk." I just wanted REGULAR peanut butter. After reading a lot about it, I decided to take the BIG step and buy the organic peanut butter.

I made this big choice when Chad and I ventured to the land they call "Whole Foods." Chad grunted and moaned but actually found stuff he was interested in! Organic Peanut Butter was on my list...and so I bought MaraNatha Organic Crunch and Roasted Peanut Butter (I meant to buy the creamy but was SOO overwhelmed with my choices!!).


Sunday morning I woke up and went to the gym for a run on the treadmill. I read that when trying to start running long distances, it is best to do the Galloway method- run/walk. So I ran 2 minutes at 5.5 and then walked 2 minutes at 3.5 for 30 minutes, 2.10 miles. I also did 30 minutes on the Precor Crossramp at different intervals. I LOVE this machine!! I never know what to call it so I call it the Elliptical without arms.

Ok...back to the all important Peanut Butter. I came home from the gym and made a whole wheat English Muffin with the peanut butter and bananas. It was fabulous and filling!
I really liked the peanut butter. I will have to see what I think of it on its own on toast or english muffin. Of course I had to have a mineral water with my breakfast...yummy and refreshing!!

So the verdict today is...Organic Peanut Butter is good! I am not sure if it is as good as Skippy/Jiffy, but I KNOW it is better for me. Thanks mom!!

No comments: