Monday, January 25, 2010

Do you know the way to Santa Fe?

It was a busy, long weekend. I did a lot of cooking and baking and had fun trying new recipes!

Saturday morning, I woke up and had to go to school for Saturday school. Because of the rainy weather, no kids showed up...so it was a waste of my early morning! I came home, had a small snack and headed to the gym. I tried running again but my right shin started hurting after 1 minute. Boo...I was so disappointed. I did my final day of the Winter Shape Up 2010. I feel kind of dorky doing jumping jacks and high knees at the gym, but I sucked it up! I then did 2.5 miles on the Cross Ramp machine. I went home to have a filling breakfast...omelette and raspberries!
I added tomatoes, green peppers, onions and celery.

I like cutting up all the veggies and putting them in a bowl and dumping them all in at the same time...yummy!
The kicker to this omelette?? FETA CHEESE!!!
The expert move: flipping the omelette without it falling apart....Presto!
I also had raspberries with Oikos Greek Organic Vanilla Yogurt with a pinch of Cinnamon Sugar. This was my first time trying this yogurt and it was SOOOO good!
The final product!!!

I invited my two close girlfriends over for dinner on Saturday night. I decided to make a new recipe from IowaGirlEats.com...Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken...it was sooo good. I also made homemade Spanish Rice.
I put in all the ingredients before I went to the gym.
After it cooked for 5-6 hours, I took the chicken out and shredded it using 2 forks...I then put the chicken back in the Crock Pot for a few more hours.

I didn't take a picture of the final product (BOO) but it was very good!

I found a recipe for homemade Spanish rice on the internet...wasn't too difficult!



Sorry I don't have pics of the final product. I will take a picture tonight of the leftovers. I think my friends really enjoyed it...or at least they said they did.

Off to the gym...I will post my fabulous breakfast from yesterday later tonight...


P.S. Tesa had to have some treats too since I was making such good food...looks great doesn't it??Yuch!










No comments: